Sunday 21 October 2012

Salsa Tropicale


No pictures for this one, I'm afraid. Finished it before I thought of blogging this recipe I made a second attempt of this recipe, adding spring onions since I couldn't get any cilantro at the market, so here's the picture. This recipe was inspired by an empty fridge and an episode of Chef at Home.

Ingredients are as follows:
2 sweet oranges
2 tomatoes
1 red onion
chilli flakes
pepper
salt
1tbs lime juice
olive oil

I cubed the the oranges, onion, and tomatoes, put everything else together and mixed. The oranges give this salsa its unusual sweetness, while the onion provides the bite and crunch to the mix. Since this dish is served cold, the chilli flakes balance it out with some fiiiire. This recipe lacks a little green, and I would suggest cilantro, but I didn't have any at hand, so it had to go without. Chuck the salsa into the fridge to chill for about 30mins, then it's ready to serve!

Just be careful with the liquids, since you don't want to have the salsa swimming in lime juice and olive oil after it's sat in the fridge. Also, easy on the salt, since it will draw water out from the fruits (yes, tomatoes are fruits).

No comments:

Post a Comment